I, like many of you, could list a million things I don't like about myself, and I always struggle to think of good things. I can't seem to take compliments, and always brush them off with a comment like 'No, I don't think so' when really I should say thank you and be proud.
It's too common for girls, women and even men nowaways to be pressured by the media into looking a certain way. In reality, we all have 'problem areas' and we're all different, but that's what makes us all beautiful, and that's what we need to celebrate. I also believe that bloggers, especially the 'bigger' bloggers tend to be idolised, and I think it would be perfect to show people who follow them, that they aren't 'perfect' and that they don't like things about themselves too.
The idea of Amy's Project Perfect is to:
1. Post a photo that you like of yourself and say in a couple of sentences why you like it.
2. State some things that you DON'T like yourself but say why others may love to be like that.
3. State 3 things that you DO like about yourself.
Here I go..
I like this photo because of my hair mostly. I have been growing it ever since it got cut really short just before my 18th birthday and it's finally reaching a length that I like. I also love the colour of it, and it's also the photo itself that makes me happy as it brings back happy memories. :)
Three things I don't like about myself that I've turned into positives:
- I don't like my skin. I don't get bad spots like I used to, but I still get them. Plus, I have lots of scars from when I used to pick spots (don't do it girls!). I don't really know how to turn it into a positive, but I know there are people with more skin problems than me, and I should really count myself lucky.
- I'm 5ft 8 and I really don't like it. I feel like I stand out too much, and I never wear heels as I just feel like a giraffe. However, again, I know that height is something that many girls wish they had, and it's something I can't change so I best get used to it.
- As much as I like my hair when I've styled it., it's actually naturally curly. And, I mean very curly! I haven't worn it naturally since I was about 14, but people would love curly hair. I think it's a case of everyone wanting what they can't have - although thanks to ghd's I can get the straight hair I want!
3 things I do like about myself:
- I love my eyes. They are a really bright blue, and my eyelashes are naturally very long and dark.
- I like my figure, as I can eat whatever I like and not put on any weight. I am size 10 (sometimes a 12 because of my bum, haha) and I love it. Luckily, weight has never been an issue for me.
- This is a bit of a weird one, and I'll admit I asked Aiden for help as I couldn't think of a third, but it's my scar. You can't really see it in the photo, but I have a scar towards the right of my nose, almost near my cheekbone. I had a cyst there as a child, and after it was removed I was left with a scar. Funnily enough, it has never bothered me, and I don't think anyone ever notices it. I even forget I have it sometimes, but I love it as it sort of defines who I am. Scars always tell a story, right?
So there we have it. Please, please, please get involved in this. It's promoting such a good idea, and I'd love to read yours, so leave links below! Also, let Amy know and she will put your link on her Project Perfect page!