After taking some time out from my blog, (minus the scheduled post from last night) I have decided to take a different approach to my blog. As the title suggests, this is a beauty and lifestyle post. Lately, my blog has been full of reviews etc. but I feel like it has lost its personal touch, and I feel that if I'm not enjoying writing it 100%, then you reading it won't be enjoying it 100%. When I read other blogs, I can tell which one's have been written 'with love' as it were. I want my blog to be more personal, and not like a magazine - because if you wanted a magazine you'd buy one, right? So, feel free to let me know how you feel about more lifestyle posts, and what kind of lifestyle posts you like. I don't want to bore you with rubbish details of my life, but then again, it is my blog - and mine to do whatever I like with. However, beauty and make up will always be a passion of mine and therefore this blog will still be full of reviews, tips, and a few exciting posts too!
Anyway, on with the actual post - I thought I'd do a little update into what is going on with my life as I feel like I have got really far in achieving what I want - and things are definitely looking up!
- Best news first. My boyfriend has got himself a job, which couldn't make me any happier! Before this, Aiden was on Jobseekers, which he never liked as people always perceived him as a 'lazy scrounger' which he is far from. He spent every day looking for work, and would have done anything for a job rather than take from the government. It's sad that some lazy 'jobseekers that don't seek jobs' create a stereotype for everyone - as I know there's plenty of people on the dole who don't want to be. Anyway, I am so so so proud of him, and it means we can properly start saving now. :)
- Which leads me onto my next topic. I am starting a serious serious saving regime, as I have set myself a pretty high target of what I want to save by December this year. I will be doing a whole blog post on it on my other blog (which will also have more lifestyle posts) and regular updates, including how I've made and saved money over the next 6 months. I'm not too sure if I want to mention figures etc. as I think money is quite a private matter, but if it helps you all save too - then I'm not shy to say how much I plan to save!
- I've been working like an absolute trooper lately. There have been lots of opportunities for overtime and I have been taking every one (see above paragraph for why!) and although I know it will be very worth it on payday, I must admit I am exhausted! It's very hard when everyone's enjoying the Jubilee and I'm stuck at work, but I also get weekends off - which is very rare in retail so I am greatful. This is the main reason for my lack of blogging, as I never seem to have time, but I WILL find time, I promise.
- I am still studying at the OU, and I'm on my second course which I really don't like to be honest. It's nothing like I expected and it's all very confusing. I would still recommend the OU to study at, but not this course. I'm looking forward to the next one though, which I'll have to choose soon.
- It's my birthday in 8 days! I'll no longer be a teenager which is a weird feeling, but I feel like I'll be at an age where I will finally start growing up. I'm not sure what I'm doing for it yet, probably nothing much!
I'd also like to say a big thank you for following and reading my blog. It really does make me smile when I get lovely comments and I hope you enjoy my new found passion for blogging again. I need to focus on writing this blog for me, and hopefully you'll all enjoy it too. Please leave your links below, as I'm on the lookout for new blogs to follow and read!