Monday, 18 February 2013

My Current Skincare Routine

I decided at the beginning of this year that I really need to get into a good skincare routine. Whenever I stuck to one for a few days, I could notice a big difference in my skin so I've made sure that I've found a routine that works for me.

 
I start with Clean and Clear Morning Energy Daily Facial Scrub (£3.99 in Boots) which really gives my skin a boost and wakes me up. I like the scrub as it clears any dead skin cells but it's not too harsh on my skin. If I feel like my skin is a bit oily or I have a lot of blemishes I'll use the Clean and Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion (£2.99 in Boots) and wipe over my face using a cotton pad. I have raved about this product so many times but it is really good for clearing and cleaning my skin. Clean and Clear currently have on offer of 2 for £5 too. (That's when I usually bulk buy!). If my skin needs a little boost, I'll use Soap and Glory Bright Here Bright Now Energy Balm (£11 in Boots), which instantly make my skin look more glowing and more radiant. (I reviewed it on my blog recently.) Every day I apply The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream (£10). It's perfect for my skin as I'm not oily everywhere so it adds moisture to areas that need it and mattifies oily areas. It sinks in really quick so I can apply make up straight away. The balanceMe Wonder Eye Cream (£10 normally) actually came free with a Glamour magazine a while back, but I really love how it applies to my skin and leaves my eyes looking much more awake than they actually are!
 
 
At night, I tend to be really lazy with skincare but I'm trying hard to keep to a routine. If I get in late or I'm super tired I'll use the Deep Cleansing Lotion again along with Garnier Soothing Eye Make Up Remover (£2.99 in Boots) - which removes all of my eye make up without irritating my eyes at all -  but I try to use Sanctuary Fresh Faced Purifying Wash (£9.00 in Boots). It removes all traces of make up and leaves my skin feeling super smooth. I then apply Simple Kind To Skin Night Cream (£5.60 in Boots) which sinks in nicely and doesn't overclog my skin. If I have any blemishes I'll apply The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil (£7.00) onto the affected area, and by the morning it's significantly reduced.
 
 
What are your skincare must haves?
 
x

4 comments:

  1. Strangely my number one skin care item would have to be sudocrem lol! I use it for everything on my face and it clears everything up in a jiffy :)

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that this isn't all high end! I often see skincare posts and think that it would take my monthly wage to buy it!

    www.amandaloves.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amanda: Some people are really lucky because they don’t to spend their money buying high end @Amanda: Some people are really lucky because they don’t need to spend money to buy high-end skin care products. Just like on Jess’s case, these products really work efficiently on her skin. But, for some women who happen to have a sensitive skin, they rely on high-end products because that’s most likely the ones that only work on their skin.

    Gregoria Gorham

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of over the counter products that we can use, but we should consult a dermatologist before applying anything on your skin. You have to determine your skin type and know what it needs from there. It’s important to after our skin and do everything to keep it glowing, healthy and young-looking. Also, keep in mind that skin care starts from the inside. So better watch also your eating habits and lifestyle.

    -Gaye Cisneros

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...