Monday 30 May 2011

GlossyBox May 2011

Yes, another GlossyBox review hitting your dashboards. I do apologise but then again you don't have to read it and I've tried to do a bit of a different post so it's not too simliar to the others. You all know what was in it, you've all seen swatches, and you've heard what people think, obviously I'll give my opinion on the products but I also wanted to do a lot of talking about GlossyBox itself.



Firstly, I love the packaging. Nothing beats it (apart from good things inside obviously!) but you could tell a lot of effort went in to making it all pretty. I'm in love with the pink box it comes in and I'm already thinking of many uses for it.

Now for the actual products itself. I won't talk to much about them, I'll just give my overall opinion.



NARS Orgasm Illuminator - First NARS product for me and I'm impressed. Felt a little nervous applying it but it made my skin look radiant all day.

All For Eve Eve Red Lipstick - A little too red for me, but it had amazing lasting power.

Bionova Lab Bioactive Cleanser - I haven't got round to trying this as I keep forgetting and I'm under a strict skincare regime at the moment and don't want to use this just yet as I want to see the results of the current products I'm using.

Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Rapid Repair Spray - This smells divine! After spraying on my hair, it immediately left it feeling incredbily soft. Didn't notice much difference to how it looks though.

COMO Shambhala Invigorate Body Lotion - Very strong smell of lavender, so I would only use this at night before going to sleep. I love travel size lotions but this one felt slightly sticky when first applied, but left my skin feeling soft.

Products I'd repurchase: I'm going to look into other NARS products, although I don't feel I can justify the price. I'm also going to look at the All For Eve Lipsticks as I love the lipstick itself just not this colour.

I'd also like to quickly mention GlossyBox and their customer service. If you follow them on Twitter, you'll know what I'm talking about. Any question anyone had was answered almost immediately (unless you asked at 4am, they do sleep!) but they were always quick to help out anyone with a question, no matter how big or small their problem. They also ensured that the boxes got sent out quickly despite having a problem with postage stickers or something like that. Whoever is behind the scenes at GlossyBox gets a big round of applause from me. My only negative point would be to create more boxes! There are people desperate to get on board but can't because they've sold out!

Any GlossyBox fans out there?

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to sign up for Glossybox - the only downer is that the June ones have already sold out so to sign up now I'd have to wait a month and a half to get a box! And they take the £10 from you straight away, which just seems like money for nothing. Wish I'd signed up ages ago to get the May one!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my first glossybox, I can't wait for the next one as they will be based on the profile that I filled in so everyone should get a different one, it will be interesting to see what everyone gets. Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to sign up for this so so much but I don't think my dad would approve (he has to order anything online for me). The NARS sample is huge, I swear 30ml is the size of the actual thing? That's amazing :) x

    qwertically.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...