Sunday 24 July 2011

Sunday Ramble 010.

- I wasn't actually going to do this post, as it's quite late now and I normally like to spend a bit of time on post's so excuse any grammatical errors etc. and sorry if it doesn't make much sense in parts. I'm a little tired after travelling back from my boyfriend's.

- Last night was date night. Aiden and I try to go out for 'Date Night' once a month, and it's something I hope we can carry on when we have kids and everything, as it's so nice to just go somewhere and enjoy each other's company. We went to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet right next to Spinnaker tower which is lovely. It's called Water Margin if any of you are in the area that is Portsmouth. :)

- It was after the meal I heard about Amy Winehouse. My mum texted me and I was genuinely upset. I honestly wish I never read Twitter as within an hour of people knowing, there were so many disgusting jokes and comments about her 'deserving it' which outraged me. I agree it was her own choice to choose that lifestyle and I disagree with it, but she deserved help, not death. She got lost on a bad journey and if she had as much support before she died as she does now, I think things would have been different.

- It's also so sad to hear about the events in Norway. Hearing the death toll increase almost hourly is heartbreaking, and I seriously can't believe what the world is coming to. I do however think it's wrong to be racist and say to 'Blame the Muslims'. It's a religion, and you can't blame the whole religion for the wrong doings of a few people. A few of my family members converted to Islam, and they wouldn't hurt a fly. If all white people were being blamed for something one white person did wrong, everyone would kick off and say it's wrong, so why are we allowed to say things about a specific religion?

- In happier news, I am delighted to see my follower number go up, and I hope the Batiste giveaway winners enjoy their prizes. I don't want to have a 'negative' post as such, so I thought I'd look at a few highlights of the week for me:

- Talking to Aiden late last night about the best moments of our relationship, including 'Funniest moment' 'Best journey' and 'Most embarrasing moment'. It brought up a lot of memories and had us laughing. :)

- Making Sophie snort via Twitter. Still makes me chuckle.

- Teaching my dog to fetch. Proud Mummy Moment.

- Buying a cupcake stand - wanted one for ages. <3

What were the highlights of your week?

xo

8 comments:

  1. No!!! You didn't just write that *hangs head in shame* haha. I'm so embarrassed! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Amy winehouse, she deserved help, she needed help.. and i just can't stand the horrible things that people say on Twitter etc. and what happened in Norway is soo tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start having 'date nights' with the 'fella. Such a nice idea and a nice change from us both having our heads stuck in our laptops!
    I'm so glad that I was out all day and night so didn't see the tweets, my facebook news feed riled me up enough, and that is my real life 'friends'. Changed my opinions on a few of them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to insitute date night with my boy. Just lack of fund that stop us!

    Sickipedia should be banned. I know it was her choice to live the way she did but every human life is a life and it's nothing less than tragic that she would up the way she did.

    Truely makes you seen the downsides of the fame game :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a great idea having a regular date night, gives you time to reminisce and just enjoy each others company.

    I was never a fan of Amy Winehouse, but some people just have no idea what potential damage that could cause if her family members read something like what has been published over twitter and facebook.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to have a regular date night but I don't see my boyfriend often enough. Stupid military! Sounds like you had a lovely time though. The recent news has really made an impact on people I think. I agree with what you said about Amy though. The way people treat the situation is quite disgusting at times x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely agree about Amy Winehouse. Date night sounds cute - I may have to get my boyfriend onto the idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with what you say about Amy Winehouse she deserves the same respect as any person, what a wonderful talent and artist and as you say if she had as much support when she was alive it may never have come to this!

    I gave you an award on my blog if you would like to check it out http://beautybyandrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, whether its two sentences or two paragraphs, I will always read them. Your comments never fail to put a smile on my face.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...